Context Cartridge gets error 2012

From: Ron Krantz <ronk_at_lanl.gov>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 07:43:12 -0600

We are running Oracle 8.0.5.0 on NT 4.0 on two servers, one with SP3 and

the other with SP4. On both machines, when we try to start the the context
server using ctxctl80, we get error 2012. If we start it using ctxsrv80, it runs
just fine. However, as soon as you log off the console, the server stops as one
would expect.

Oracle support says that the behavior of ctxctl80 is a known bug with no fix,
but I find this rather unbelievable. A product that has been out with Oracle8
for over a year can only run while someone is logged into the server?

Is anyone running context in this configuration successfully? One other detail is
that we are using multiple Oracle homes. Received on Wed Apr 21 1999 - 08:43:12 CDT