Re: Fighting Words? Shared Pool Size

From: Andrew Babb <andrewb_at_mail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 21:08:58 +0800

Hi Steve and Ross,

My 'subheap thrashing' was observed within a Tuxedo environment, which i I have mentioned before. What we were seeing, was the 'session memory' portion of the Shared Pool (which holds the PGA in a Tuxedo / MTS environment) was growing excessively and was starving the 'sql area' and 'library cache' portions of the Shared Pool. We also saw the 'free memory' value go negative, as part of this system (Not sure what a minus 97K of 'free memory' actually means though).

I don't think that this will cause a problem, without Tuxedo or MTS, since the PGA will be held on the client or in the shadow process on Unix in these circumstances.

BTW - I have never looked in to the x$kghlu or x$ksmlru.

Andrew