Re: Siemens, OPS, Clusters, and 8.0.4....

From: Philipp Florschutz <pf_at_gmx.net>
Date: 21 Apr 1999 08:13:23 GMT

Ross Mohan <postmaster_at_127.0.0.1> wrote:

> ||  Hmm....nothing really scary here. No horror stories about

> patches for the O/S and bad service and unreadable manuals...
> this is looking good.....thanks for the info, Jon..........
Those RM600E are a common Oracle platform over here, I was
participating at some OPS8 testing on RM600E clusters for nearly one year. Initially we had to adjust some kernel parameters and create a new kernel (idbuild). Before doing so we encountered strange Oracle crashes with heavy load. But then, for our max load tests it seemed to be stable, we also received good support from Oracle. If you need a big Oracle system, I think the RM600 is worth consideration, especially as clustering for RM600 is established quite well, no trouble with it. Also disk control (mirroring/ striping and combinations of it) are configurable in the OS and working well. We were testing both with Soft RAID and external RAID cabinets as well, for sure, the latter was faster but the sooner (with up to 180 shared and mirrored vdisks) was not slow. Regards, Philipp
--
der tag beginnt morgens und endet abends und mittags machen wir mittag
e-mail pf@gmx.net                     webpage http://www.inode.muc.de/