OracleAgent80 fails to start

From: Gregory Hudson <gmhudson_at_acslink.aone.net.au>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 20:25:35 +1000

I run Oracle8.0.5 under WindowsNT 4 SP4. when I try to start the oracleAgent80 from services I get an error "Error 0015 The system cannot find the drive specified". I unloaded teh Agent and rebooted tehn reloaded the Agent and again rebooted, same error message. If I try to start dbsnmp.exe I get a Dos window for about 30 seconds which then closes with no report.

I checked the tnsnames.ora for the databases and this appears OK. I checked the registry entry for the service and it lists the correct path for the dbsnmp.exe file.

What am I missing? Are there other entries in the registry that need to be created/edited?

Any help is appreciated

Gregory Hudson Received on Wed Apr 21 1999 - 05:25:35 CDT