Oracle 804 Migration Problem

From: James <mckayja_at_logica.com>
Date: 21 Apr 1999 09:38:36 GMT

Hi All,

        I've run up against a rather awkward problem regarding the Oracle 8 migration utility. Basically I've had to install Patch 80430 on top of our Oracle 804 installation, running on Solaris 2.6.

  This presents certain problems for the migration tool, in that we can no longer safely use it according to the patch installation notes. This is quite a problem as we need this patch immediately, but we also have an ongoing program of upgrading 7.x databases to 8.

  Oracle support say that there are no plans for a migration utility patch, and that the only work-around is to have two Oracle 8 installations: one with patch 80430, and one without. Accordingly, I'm going to have to move the current (patched)Oracle8 ORACLE_HOME to 8.0.4.3, and install a baseline Oracle 8.0.4 so that we can use the migration utility. Migrated databases will then have to be moved to the 8.0.4.3 installation!

So my question is this: Is there an easier way of doing this, aside from exp/imp?

Thanks in advance.
James Received on Wed Apr 21 1999 - 04:38:36 CDT