Re: Siemens, OPS, Clusters, and 8.0.4....

From: Torsten Borchert <T.Borchert_at_DeutschePost.de>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 08:38:27 +0200

Ross Mohan wrote:
> What is EKS? Where do you go for ONLINE Siemens info and
> support, if such a thing exists?

Siemes:
" ... Hardly anything in the world is completely free of errors. Unfortunately, this
sometimes applies to our software products, too. Therefore, we have a concept to
correct software errors quickly and effectively: the single correction versions (EKS)."

http://its.siemens.de/lobs/its/its_sc/eks_en/eks_en.htm http://its.siemens.de/lobs/its/its_cm/its_en.htm

  And: Have you ever played with the
> Viewpoint Diagnostic System?

No.

> || that sounds like system bus timing to me. What flavor of hardware did
> you get this flakiness on?

We have both, rm600 xxx with 4-8 R4000 MIPS-Processors, Release 5.43 B... and the newer rm600E
with R1000 up to 6 processors, Release Reliant Unix 5.43C30. The E-Models are better and stable (hardware). With the R4000 were much more physical defects, but we have more systems with them.

Torsten Received on Wed Apr 21 1999 - 01:38:27 CDT