Re: OAS 4.0 can't use

From: Greg gpl :-) <lechkungNONOSPAM_at_tir.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 21:47:50 -0400

Michael Rothwell wrote:

> Maybe changing the topic a little, but I have tried to migrate from OWS 2.1
> to 3.0 and am having nothing but problems with "Internal Error". If I go
> up to OAS 4.x, will my PL packages still work correctly and get rid of the
> "Internal Error"?
>
> I'm fed up with 3.x. I may have to go back to 2.1, but if 4.x will work I
> would rather have some newer technology.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Michael A. Rothwell
> Oracle DBA/Oracle Web Applications Developer
>
> Views expressed here are not those of my company
> No - Actually - Since I am independent, They are the views of my company.

I had no problems upgrading from 2.1.1 to 3.0.1.0.1, it sounds like there is some configuration problem.

As far as OAS 4.0, at IOUG-A, I heard that it uses NET8, perhaps there is a compatibility problem between OAS 4.0 and your DB server (in my case, V7.3.3.6 on VMS has some problems with the SQL*net drivers).

--
Regards,
Greg Lechkun

lechkungNONOSPAM_at_tir.com <== Remove "NONOSPAM" send mail to me. Received on Tue Apr 20 1999 - 20:47:50 CDT