Re: Problem with NT SP4

From: v tsien <vtsien_at_mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 20:02:01 -0500

Hi, Nigel, we installed Oracle 8.0.5 on NT in the very beginning and when NT sp4 was out. We patched it and everything was OK. The database has been running fine. Upgrade to sp4 has both domestic version and international version for encryption. Domestic version is 128bit. Overseas version is 40bit?. I don't know if you choose the domestic version. Even though it should work well. I got two machines. Both have Oracle. But one uses domestic version, the other uses foreign version. We never have any problem. What's more, on each machine we have more than two instances. You should do a test on another machine. Another way is to do a cold backup and get rid of the old oracle completely and then apply sp4 and reinstall oracle 8.0.5 and then shut down oracle and copy back all data files to replace the new ones and then point your initsid.ora to the original ones. I believe it will work. But I don't believe you ever need this much work.

Nigel Ramsay <nigel.ramsay_at_bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:7fj3is$n21$1_at_reader1.reader.news.ozemail.net...
> Hi everyone,
>
> We were running Oracle 8.0.4 on Windows NT SP3, and everything was fine.
We