Re: HELP! Disabling Rollback Segments

From: Bass Chorng <bass_at_octel.com>
Date: 20 Apr 1999 23:08:40 GMT

: How are you loading the data? Can you use the direct=true mode of the sqlldr
: tool? If so, you can in fact bypass both redo and undo (if the database is in
: noarchivelog mode).

: Can you give us more info about exactly how you are loading the data?
:
: Thomas Kyte
: tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
: Oracle Service Industries
: Reston, VA USA

: --
: http://govt.us.oracle.com/ -- downloadable utilities
:
: Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation

I may be wrong, but I am not aware that direct load bypass rollback. In fact I do not know of any way to bypass rollback segments under any kind of situations as you can do with redo.

But there might be internal things that I do not know, so I like to be corrected if I am wrong.

Back to the original problem. If you think your rollback segments are large enough but it still can not extend, it's probably because you did not set optimal therefore they never shrank that free space left in the tablespace is very little. You can also manually shrink rbs - so try it before the load.

-Bass Chorng Received on Tue Apr 20 1999 - 18:08:40 CDT