Re: Insert Records - Performance Problem

From: <ddf_dba_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 22:56:22 GMT

The first place I would check is how my datafiles are organized, and where these files are located. If the physical configurations for both machines are the same, then I have two questions:

  1. Are these inserts through sqlload, SQL*Plus or as part of a 'create table ... as select ...' operation?
  2. In the case of 'create table ... as select ...' did you install parallel query on one machine and not the other?

Also, check if your rollback segments and archive logs are on the same disk, or if your tables and indexes are on the same disk on one machine. Are your block sizes the same? There are a number of reasons why this could occur -- if you could provide more information about both systems it would certainly help.

David Fitzjarrell