Re: utl_file oracle nt ?

From: Vrajesh Patel <vrajesh.patel_at_mci.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 21:48:16 GMT

Server security for PL/SQL file I/O consists of a restriction on the directories that can be accessed. Accessible directories must be specified in the instance parameter initialization file (INIT.ORA).

You specify the accessible directories for the UTL_FILE functions in the initialization file using the UTL_FILE_DIR parameter, as follows:

UTL_FILE_DIR = <directory name>

For example, if the initialization file for the instance contains the line

UTL_FILE_DIR = j:\fileout\

then the directory j:\fileout\ is accessible to the FOPEN function.

The parameter specification

UTL_FILE_DIR = * has a special meaning. This entry in effect turns off directory access checking, and makes any directory accessible to the UTL_FILE functions.

  vnumLineInd :=22;
  vvarFileName := 'acts'
  vvarReadWrite := 'w' ;

  vExpFileId := UTL_FILE.FOPEN(location,filename,vvarReadWrite) ;

  IF UTL_FILE.IS_OPEN(vExpFileId) THEN

   LOOP....
      ............. GET VALUES FROM DATABASE....         UTL_FILE.put_line(vExpFileId,vvartextline);   END LOOP;         UTL_FILE.FCLOSE(vExpfileid);

 Hope, will help you..

 Thanks,

 Vrajesh Patel.
 Consultant,Oracle DBA.