SGA on NT

From: dfp1 <dfp1_at_istar.ca>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 16:23:15 -0400

Hi,

I have a NT on Intel machine with 256MB of RAM and a 256MB paging file (virtual memory=512MB).

I have 2 oracle instances each with an SGA of 65MB. If I look under Task Manager on the NT server however, each ORACLE73.EXE process uses far less than 65MB of RAM. Physical memory usage is nowhere near 2x65MB, although virtual memory usage makes up for the difference. It looks like part of the Oracle processes are sent to virtual memory even though sufficient physical RAM exists.

Should I reduce the paging file size to something insignificant, so that it forces processes to use the ample physical memory on the server?

Thanks,
Dinesh Received on Tue Apr 20 1999 - 15:23:15 CDT