Updateable snapshots in Personal Oracle Lite 2.4.3

From: Mauricio B. Falleiros <mauricio_at_samba.uss.UUCP>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 11:24:23 +0000

Hi, folks.

I'm trying to implement a distributed environment where sales representatives have our applications in their notebooks and periodically connect, via dial-up, to the main server to upload the new orders and download new status of old orders.
These notebooks would have our sales application running against a Personal Oracle Lite. I don't want to produce much new code.

I have manually created the snapshot logs at the main server and the updateable snapshots at POLite using Oracle Navigator. When command "refresh" from Oracle Navigator, new records and updates on the server are brought to the POLite database, but the ones made here don't go to the server (and there is no error message or warning).

Any ideas of how making it work?
Any other idea about representatives' notebooks, besides snapshots?

Thank you,
Mauricio.

--

Mauricio Bellissimo Falleiros <mailto:mbf_at_uniconsult.com.br>

Uniconsult Sistemas e Servicos <mailto:uss_at_uniconsult.com.br> Received on Tue Apr 20 1999 - 06:24:23 CDT