Re: Siemens, OPS, Clusters, and 8.0.4....

From: Torsten Borchert <T.Borchert_at_DeutschePost.de>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 14:55:37 +0200

Hi,

we have about 100 Cluster Systems of 2 RM600 Servers with the Software Observe, and Oracle 7.3
Most of them are not OPS, in failures the living server takes the disks of the died server and starts a second instance. About stability: very difficult to say: there are systems (with OPS), which are running over 6 month, no reboot, no database donwtime until the system or database is updatet but
there are often systems, where a server crashed and the the living takes the resources off them.
Sometimes is it the hardware, sometimes a bug and a bugfix (Siemens says EKS) is needed.
And not every thing can be explained: The system say's, the master processor dies and goes down, but after reboot all works fine ...

Torsten