Re: Oracle errors not parsed to odbc,ado

From: Andreas Vef <avf_at_gft.de>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 12:07:41 +0200

B. Hotting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if there exist a list with err. numbers, which Oracle
> sends to ODBC but ODBC (or ado) doesn't send through to e.g. Visual Basic.
>
> Let me explain in more detail;
> If i get the error "ORA-02290 check constraint violated" in an Oracle pl/sql
> procedure, it's send (back) to odbc,ado,Visual basic perfectly. But if i
> have the same situation with "ORA-01403 No data found", it disappears
> somewhere along the line. As long as i know which errors are reported to my
> client ok, i can live with it (by setting the right exception handlers in
> pl/sql). It would be handy if there is a list.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bjorn Hotting

I think that ORA-01403 will be the only message which gets lost, because it is no real error message - it is just an information. An ODBC function will return SQL_NO_DATA_FOUND in this case, SQL_ERROR on real errors

        Andreas
--

Dr. Andreas Vef                            mailto:Andreas.Vef_at_gft.de
Software-Entwicklung                       Tel: ++49/7724/9411-0