Re: Copy a db to a different machine.....

From: Andrew Babb <andrewb_at_mail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 16:58:05 +0800

> Hello, Andrew,
> My OS isn't the same version.What should I do without imp/exp ?

You say you are using Oracle on Digital UNIX, are they both 4.0 versions of Oracle or are they different. If they are both 4.0, then I would think it will be OK to copy, but I would check with WWS. Also, I thought that Oracle recommended a minimum level of 4.0d for Digital UNIX. Check again with WWS.

Sorry I can't be any more precise,
Andrew