Re: Oracle8i for Linux: Anyone recieved their CD yet?

From: K Lee <kslee_at_gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>
Date: 19 Apr 1999 19:41:05 GMT

In comp.os.linux.misc Phillip W Ross <ross1_at_unixs-eval.cis.pitt.edu> wrote:

: In article <01be89ee$6008e510$24921e18_at_box1>, Lesser wrote:

: >I haven't gotten mine yet. I was wondering if anyone else has though.
: Not me, I'm still waiting too.

Can you please kindly answer these for me?

How do I obtain this?
Would I have to pay for it? Or is this a trial version? Is it the full version with the "Oracle8 on Linux Enterprise Edition" and "Oracle Application Server on Linux"?
Can this run on 2.2.* kernels as well? (I noticed that it only mentioned 2.0.6 =< version on the http://technet.oracle.com site. Are there any Oracle installation, maintenance sites? I have a working knowledge in pl/sql, oracle forms and reports on Solaris systems, but I've no clue on installing and maintenance on Linux at all.

Sorry for not having an answer but rather a whole bunch of questions, but I'd sure appreciate it if you could let me know. Thank you very much in advance.

Steve Received on Mon Apr 19 1999 - 14:41:05 CDT