Re: **Performance of queries

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 06:34:14 +0200

Hi Haruka,

Two methods to do this:
in sqlplus 3.3 and beyond
use :
set autotrace on explain stat
This will dump tkprof like results to output after completion of a query. You need create table privilege (and you may need -I'm not sure- to create the plan table manually. The script is in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/utlxplan for Unix and %ORACLE_HOME%\rdbms<nn>\admin\utlxplan, where nn is either 73 or 80 depending on version of rdbms)
second method
use tkprof
generally:
Hth,