Re: File permissions upon datafile dirs?

From: Andrew Babb <andrewb_at_mail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 12:21:31 +0800

Simeon,

The rules I use are;

For database file directories aka (/mydir/oracleowned) should be 750 with oracle owner and dba group. The data files themselves are OK at 640.

The other problem that can cause this is if the SUID has been lost from the Oracle Executable $ORACLE_HOME/bin/oracle. Make sure that it is 4751 with oracle owned and dba group. Check $ORACLE_HOME/orainst/root.sh to make sure the permissions suggested are correct for your version. You should see the unix chmod and chown permissions in the script.

Andrew