Re: Copy a db to a different machine.....

From: Andrew Babb <andrewb_at_mail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 12:24:32 +0800

To change the Oracle Block size, on any Oracle version requires a full unload and load (exp/imp). If you just want to move the database from one machine to another, this can be achieved with normal UNIX commands such as rcp or ftp.

You need the same directory structure on the target machine, or be prepared with a big rename datafile on the target machine. Also, the OS's should be at the same release (including patch level) for safest copying.

Rgds
Andrew