Re: calculating segment size issue

From: Andrew Babb <andrewb_at_mail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 09:00:27 +0800

John

I believe that you will find that the actual Initial size is 15 blocks or 30K and not 13 blocks or 26K as you believe. If you look at the DBA_EXTENTS where SEGMENT_NAME = 'RB1' I believe you will find that the extent size is 30K. Also, you will find 24 rows being returned (24 extents).

Oracle rounds the segment size upto the nearest 5 block segment size. Something that is mentioned within the Oracle manual set, but can't remember where. Also, if you look under the Extents column, you will see the 24 which is cross verified by the DBA_EXTENTS query.

Rgds
Andrew