Re: MAXDATAFILES parameter

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 19:53:05 -0700

James Gardner wrote:

> Can anybody tell me if the maxdatafiles parameter is stored anywhere else
> apart from the controlfile. I know in version 6 it used to be stored in an
> X$ table/view is this still the case in later versions and if so does
> anybody know which table it is...

I don't think it as ever been STORED into a X$... table. What is true is that usually the number of rows of the X$... tables matches the value of some init.ora parameters. In the case of the number of datafiles, it's a bit different, as you have the CREATE DATABASE 'hard-limit' (which determines, among other things, the size of your control files) and the init.ora 'soft limit', which contributes to fixing the size of the SGA. IMHO you will not get from the X$... tables more than from v$parameter. Now if I am wrong I am as curious as you are to learn where it can be stored !
--
Regards,

  Stéphane Faroult
  Oriole Corporation