Y2K Testing

From: Dennis Richter <dennis_richter_at_csi.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 12:34:14 -0400

My application development team want's me to down my Oracle instance, change the date on the server to sometime in the year 2000, then up the Oracle instance so they can do some Y2K testing.

I'm concerned that if I do this and then change the date back to 1999, that I'll corrupt something in Oracle. Has anyone ever tried to do this? Will I corrupt Oracle, or are all headers updated with the SCN and not a valid date/time stamp?

Any advise will be appreciated. Received on Mon Apr 19 1999 - 11:34:14 CDT