Re: when do I use multiple instances ?

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 09:18:57 -0700

It's always better to separate these databases (DEV, TEST, PROD) on separate machines if you can. In particular keep development off the same machine as Production. Developers are very heavy resource users, and take resources away from the Production users if they're not separated.

Pete

--

Regards

Pete

Peter Sharman                             Email: psharman_at_us.oracle.com
WISE Course Development Manager           Phone: +1.650.607.0109 (int'l)
Worldwide Internal Services Education            (650)607 0109 (local)
San Francisco

SQL> select standard_disclaimer, witty_remark   2 from company_requirements;

"Controlling application developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, ORACLE DBA Handbook
"Oh no it's not! It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long term ORACLE DBA