Oracle 8i and tools (Designer etc.)

From: <henryrt_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 13:04:44 GMT

I have installed Oracle 8i (8.1.5) Enterprise Server. It works fine, but I can't seem to install any tools on the same machine. First the installer tells me that it can't use the same ORACLE HOME as Oracle 8.1.5, then if I give it a different one, it says it has to use the 8i home !!!

I tried installing WebDB 2.0.5.6.1 and that just screwed up my registry. What's the deal? The tools can't be installed on the same machine?