Re: Pro and Cons of multiple instances on NT

From: mark tompkins <tompkins_at_direct.ca>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 21:11:48 -0700

Hi,

I have 15 years experience, 9 on RDBMSS (7 Sybase/MS SQL Server, 1 on Ingres, 2 on Oracle 8). Life seems to be getting better, but more complicated....

I was afraid of the complications of running two instances, but so far no problems (8.0.4, 8.0.5 on NT).

Requirement was to use Recovery Manager on NT for low maintenance db. I am a developer, so that means no real experience yet on Oracle (product in development).