Re: UTL_FILE, list of files, remove file - how to?

From: Marc Parkinson <marcpark_at_uswest.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 20:48:39 -0600

Sorrr, you cant do that
Utl_File provides the following subprograms

FOPEN                Open a file for input or ouput. Create an output file if
it does not exist.

 IS_OPEN Determine if a file handle refers to an open file.

 FCLOSE Close a file.

 FCLOSE_ALL Close all open file handles.

 GET_LINE Read a line of text from an open file.

 PUT                      Write a line to a file. Do not append a line
terminator.

 PUT_LINE Write a line to a file. Append an OS-specific line terminator.

 PUTF                 A PUT procedure with formatting.

 NEW_LINE            Write one or more OS-specific line terminators to a file.

 FFLUSH               Physically write all pending output to a file.

Sorce
                                Oracle7.3 Server Application Developer's Guide

Marc Parkinson