Re: SQL*Plus Shell mode

From: John Higgins <JH33378_at_deere.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 15:16:05 -0500

In HP UX, you can use the ied command. This gives you ksh-like (vi-like or emacs like) command line editing within an interactive command such as SQL*Plus.

ied sqlplus

Escape takes you out of input mode:
k scrolls backward through the command history j scrolls forward
l scrolls right
h scrolls left
i puts you back into input mode at the cursor position

see the man page

I have not seen this on other unixes -- maybe someone knows of it?