Re: Newbie: Changing IP address of Oracle Server

From: Pradhan <empradhan_at_dplus.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 11:08:43 -0400

Hi

    oracle will not fail just by changing the address of server .Oracle will will come up with honky dowry .. no problemo.. . Only thing it will not work is the connection from clients. Yes you have to specify your address in two file namely LISTENER.ORA and TNSNAMES.ORA files and they resides at $TNS_ADMIN . Do not forget to change your clients so that they know that server address has been changed.

Good luck and HTH.
Pradhan