HELP: SELECT TOP 10

From: Harald Mika <Harald_at_Mika.de>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 22:52:24 -0400

Two very urgent questions:

  1. Is there a way to perform a query like SELECT TOP 10 NAME ..... FROM PERSONS ORDER BY NAME which will generate only the first 10 records. There is something like this in MS Access. I'm sorry to mention this!
  2. How do I manipulate the execution plan of query. I want to force Oracle to use a specific index. I tried the hint /* + INDEX (PERSONS, PERSON03) */ but Oracle does not seem to recognize this.

Any help is appreciated. It would be great if it was before Sunday!!!

Thanks
Harald Received on Fri Apr 16 1999 - 21:52:24 CDT