Re: ORA-3121 NO INTERFACE DRIVER CONNECTED

From: Al Ruiz <arruiz_at_flash.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 21:35:32 GMT

In fact the problem that you have is the configuration of the services (Net * client and the listener)
If you installed the default database try to connect uing scott\tiger_at_beq-local or scott\tiger_at_tcp-local otherwise
do the following

Open the Net8 config program, go to the listener section open the listener and get rid of all the databases entries expect of tcpip ones, change the SID to ORCL(see below) and beq. Configure tcpip to listen on ports 1521, 1527, give the host name the name of your machine or 127.0.0.1. save your work.
Now go to services and get rid of all the services and then create one that uses tcpip give the name of the database (if you had installed the default database the sid is orcl. Save the file, exit Net8, open the services (control panel - services) start the listener (oracle-listener) or go to the orant\bin directory and run the listener8 (or something like that) and once you have the prompt "Listener> " type start and verify that everithing has starded properly.

More questions? Just post you message
Al