db link between rel 7 and 8

From: <cgilaber_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 13:31:27 GMT

Hello,

I have installed Oracle 8.0.5 Server on NT named asf_dw I have already Oracle 7.1.3.2.0 on a Vax named asf Using Schema Manager on the 8.0.5 Server, I have created a dblink xx.france on asf_dw pointing to asf

When I am using Sqlplus 8.0.5.0.0 connected on the 8.0.5 Server, the command desc orders_at_xx.france does not work
ora-02019 : Connection Description for remote database not found

When I am using Sqlplus 3.3.2.0.2 connected on the same 8.0.5 Server, the same command works perfectly.

Can somebody help me ? or at least describe the why ? I just know that SqlNet has changed between the 2 releases.

thank you
regards
Christophe