Re: Help on db link.

From: <tlondon_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 10:27:58 GMT

In article <7f672m$nrl$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,   eternal0136_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:
> I tried to create a db link using
> "create database link dal202
> connect to bill identified by bill
> using 'dal202.world';"
> When I used it, like "select * from test_at_dal202",
> I got an error message saying that
> "Error at line 1:
> ORA-03113: end-of-line on communication channel"

The message normally means that something fairly serious has happend to the communication mechanism between your client program, and your server process.

Things to check.

  1. try it again (rationale : your server process could have died before you issued the statement)
  2. is the remote database up and running
  3. is the username/password for accessing the remote db accurate
  4. Is the connect string in your tnsnames file
  5. is the remote listener process running and accepting connections

Hope these suggestions help

  Tim L