UTL_File: File on NT-Network

From: Maike Elverkemper <elverkemper_at_iti.fh-osnabrueck.de>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 12:16:59 +0200

Hello,
I have got the following problem:
I want to import data into Oracle 8.0.5 from a plain textfile on a NT-network. I use the UTL_File Package, and it works fine if the file is placed locally on my computer. When I try to open a file on the network I get an invalid_operation exception. The UTIL_FILE_DIR parameter in init.ora is set to *. I have tried to use the networkpath (e.g. \\server\USER\share\) and also to map the networkdrive (e.g. I:\), but nothing worked. Is there any chance to access the networkfile?

Maike Elverkemper
elverkemper_at_iti.fh-osnabrueck.de Received on Fri Apr 16 1999 - 05:16:59 CDT