[Fwd: File organizer]

From: Marc Mazerolle <informaze_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 09:31:48 -0600

attached mail follows:

Fellow listers,

We are now trying to identify tools for our customer to organize unstructured files.

Originally, we tought of just telling them to store the various files in NT directory structures. They came back to us and stated that directory structures would not permit entering a description, a subject, or other information fields about the file received on diskette.

In this system, we already have an Oracle database to receive the "structured" files into structured tables. We are now discussing internally about finding a tools that would, simillarly to NT directory structure, permit loading the unstructure files (or maybe just a link to it's physical location) into the database and allow the "importer" to add descriptive fields about the file that could later be searched.

Anyone know of any third party (or Oracle) tools to do that ?

Note : Don't reply Oracle 8i.... it's not stable enought for us to propose it to the customer....

Regards,

Marc Mazerolle Received on Thu Apr 15 1999 - 10:31:48 CDT