Re: running client on linux, server on nt

From: Phillip W Ross <ross1_at_unixs-eval.cis.pitt.edu>
Date: 16 Apr 1999 03:38:56 GMT

In article <37158D16.E3CFA581_at_yahoo.com>, Phil Duckworth wrote:
>i need to connect a new redhat5.2 box to an existing oracle8(enterprise)
>db on nt4.0. is there somewhere i can grab the Net8 for linux, or do i
>hafta buy yet more product from oracle (oracle8 - linux?), or perhaps
>there are some alternatives?

        Net8 client is included with Oracle for Linux, but last I heard Oracle said they did not have plans of shipping the client seperate. You'll have to get the whole thing if you want it I suppose. If this is for production use, you wont be covered under the free license and you'll have to talk to a sales rep about purchasing it. But this is just what I've read from technet forums and such, you may just want to talk to Oracle to see what they say.

Phillip Ross
Financial Information Systems
Application Support Services Received on Thu Apr 15 1999 - 22:38:56 CDT