Re: problem with oracle8 starter database

From: Gerry Sinkiewicz <sinkiege_at_snet.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 20:07:55 -0400

The listener.ora goes on the server in the ...\net8\admin directory. The profile sqlnet.ora and the local naming configuration file tnsnames.ora go in ...\net80\amdin on both the client and the server.

After you know your ip addresses the easiest thing to do is use net8assistant to configure all of the above files. Once that is done you use lsnrctl80 to start the listener on the server (usually set to listen on port 1521) then you should be in business.

--
Gerry Sinkiewicz
sinkiege_at_snet.net Received on Thu Apr 15 1999 - 19:07:55 CDT