Another PL/SQL question: Passing a table name

From: <hlh_nospam_at_excite.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 23:15:31 GMT

I'm now embarking on my 2nd week as a PL/SQL programmer...

What I'm trying to accomplish is running a series of reports from an Oracle 7 database using Crystal Reports 7. It appears to be easier to build a temporary table, and run the report from there. So I thought I'd try to create the table in the stored procedure, and then drop it when done. Actually works, but there's this other problem...

Several people may want to run the same report (on different parts) at the same time. The solution I came up with was to build the table using a name constructed from the operator's name and reference ID. I can build the table ok, but I can't figure out how to do a SELECT * FROM <WhatGoesHere??> in the procedure.

  1. Can this be done?
  2. Is there a better way?

--

Howard Lee Harkness
hlh_nospam_at_excite.com is a valid address, but it's so full of spam (!) that it is basically useless for getting mail there. I do watch this newsgroup.