Re: 'insufficient privileges' from DBMS_SQL.PARSE call

From: <hlh_nospam_at_excite.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 22:47:58 GMT

In article <5GaR2.33265$_k1.25311_at_news.chello.at>,   "Marcus N Hofer" <markus_at_tk136248.telekabel.at> wrote:
> Hi unknown :-),

[snip]
> before submitting DDL with dbms_sql, explicitly grant the
> privilege to the user where the dbms_sql should run. in this case,
> as system 'grant create view to [username]'.

Got basically the same answer via email from another helpful person. Had to chase down an account with enough privilege to do the grant, but I did succeed, and I'm now starting my 2nd week as an Oracle PL/SQL programmer...

--
Howard Lee Harkness
hlh_nospam_at_excite.com is a valid address. It's also so full of spam (!) that if you send anything there, I might miss it...