OAS and Oracle8 installation problems!!!

From: Fabian Wondratschek <deltabase_at_ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 20:13:46 +0200

Hi,

Thanx a lot for helping!

  1. Question: Is it possible to manage the OAS 4.0 by using a Win95 client?

Steps I've done:
I installed the OAS 4.0 on a NT 4.0 server. As external listener I'm using MS IIS 3.0. If I start the OAS tools/manager on the NT server I have no problems, but when I start these tools with on my client (IE 5.0 and Netscape Communicator 4.5), I only can see the HTML-docs with the images, but no java applets. Therefore I included the path \orant\cws\4.0\admin\classes with the alias ora-aclass on the IIS. Now, the tree-applet on OASMGR.HTML works (tree applet), but the document in the right frame still doesn't work.

When I register the IIS 3.0 with the tools from the OAS, I haven't received any error message. All virtual paths were installed correctly by the OAS, but I still have no access. Most of the other tools doesn't work as well.
What is the solution?

2. Question: Logic to develop C/S-applications. I have now many books here about Oracle, Database applications, etc., but I still haven't the full picture.
I will use the JDeveloper to develop the client. Which tool do I need to write the applet, java files, html, etc. for the server side? Also JDeveloper? If so, what to do with these files?

3. Question: How to install the Oracle8 database. I received from Oracle the Trial version of the JDeveloper Suite. When I start the installation of the Oracle8 database, I'm getting an error after I have choosen the products of the database which says: "Cannot open admin" and the program aborts. I already have installed the OAS, but I got the message also the other way around. What can I do?

Thank you very much for your help!!!!!!

Fabian
--
II* Received on Thu Apr 15 1999 - 13:13:46 CDT