Re: Post/Wait Initialization Failed when running install script

From: Eduardo Pimenta <epimenta_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 16:55:45 GMT

   Answers permeating article

In article <7f3kko$ghc$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,   vorpil_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone out there has ever seen a message "ORA-27146:
> Post/wait initialization failed" message when running an Oracle install
> script.

    I seem to remember reading this message while installing Oracle 7.3.2 at a SCO machine. Something to do with semaphores or shared memory. Check these parameters at your system files against Oracle installing docs.

> I tried running the following under Server Manager after I connected as
> Internal:
>
> startup nomount pfile =
> /apps/home/oracle/sw1/app/oracle/admin/sundev1/pfile/initsundev1.ora

    Another alternative is to alter the use_post_wait_driver parameter, from TRUE to FALSE. It will disable semaphores/shared memory. use it to check only, though: running without shared memory has a cost in performance.

    Hope this helps,

           Eduardo Pimenta.