Access table importing

From: Patrick Brassil <pbrassil_at_bachsystems.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 10:42:08 -0500

Hi, got a quick question here.

We have a large Access database table that we need to move to Oracle. I'm pretty sure that, since Oracle know ODBC, that I can just go into ODBC (in WinNT control panel) and make a .dsn to point to a database in Oracle. Then I can 'save as/export' the table in Access to the Oracle database using the usual export procedure.

My boss needs me to confirm this for the customer (who has the Oracle server) before we commit to the job. Can anyone here confirm that is doable, and if there are any cautions or limitations that we need to be aware of?

Patrick Brassil
pbrassil_at_bachsystems.com Received on Thu Apr 15 1999 - 10:42:08 CDT