Re: How Oracle stores password

From: Raimund Paul Kelterer <rkelterer_at_grips.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 09:03:16 +0200

If You select from SYS.LINK$ You will see the original users's password. Only
SYS has the right to select this information. DBA_DB_LINKS, ALL_DB_LINKS and USER_DB_LINKS do not display any password information. You should ensure the access restrictions to this table or You should use the following Statement:

.. from 8.0.5 Documentation SQL Reference

CREATE DATABASE LINK sales.hq.acme.com
CONNECT TO CURRENT_USER
USING 'sales';

IMP/EXP are able to save/restore the crypted password directly.

Kind Regards
Raimund

suvamoysen_at_my-dejanews.com schrieb in Nachricht <7f085g$j8p$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...