Re: Connecting to Oracle7

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 20:42:25 GMT

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999 11:42:52 +0200, "Søren Klintrup" <bigchief_at_aub.dk> wrote:

>How would i connect to an Oracle7 Database from an Oracle8 Client ???
>
>I have the following Info :
>
>SQL*NET Connect String : t:sif:P

This is SQL*Net ver.1 connect string. I don't think you can connect to SQL*Net1 listener with Oracle8 client, you would need SQL*Net1 client. BTW, SQL*Net1 has been unsupported for a lonng time now. Check if there is SQL*Net ver.2 instaled on your AIX - if not then install it and configure the listener.

>I also have the Username/Password ....
>
>The Database is running on an AIX4 Machine...
>
>I need to be able to connect via. ODBC to this Database ... do I have all
>the info needed ??
>
>where would i find more info ?? - what info ?
>
>/Søren

HTH,
Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Wed Apr 14 1999 - 15:42:25 CDT