Oracle on Sun hardware

From: Harry Boswell <hboswell_at_lance.netdoor.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 20:22:24 GMT

For those of you running Oracle on Sun, and supporting more than 50 or so concurrent users, what hardware are you running on, and is it dedicated to Oracle? I'm goin to be speccing out a box in the next couple of months, and I would like some input from somebody in addition to the Sun reps. It will be supporting somewhere between 50 and 100 users concurrently, possibly rising to 150-200 over the next 2-3 years, client/server front-end for now, web access to come later.

I know there's lots of variables involved, but I would like a starting point.

Thanks,
Harry

--

Harry Boswell                 hboswell_at_netdoor.com
USDA Zone 8 (Mississippi USA)