Re: How can I convert a CDA rowid to a ROWID representation (BBBBBBBB.RRRR.FFFF)?

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 18:55:49 -0700

shaih wrote:

> Hi All
>
> how can I convert the cda.rid to something I can use as a rowid
> (i.e. WHERE ROWID = :1)
>
> Actually what I want to do is to print the ROWID in a
> BBBBBBBB.RRRR.FFFF format.
>
> Thanks
>
> Shaya

Don't know how your program is set but what I would do would be to have a ub1 buffer[some length], then define it in your select list as :

    pointer : buffer
    type    : SQLT_RID (defined in one of the ocixxx.h files)
    length  : sizeof(cda.rid)

to get the 'raw' rowid; then you can ask Oracle to do the conversion by using

   select rowidtochar(:rid) from dual
by binding it exactly as in the 'define' above. There may be a smarter way, but it should work, I think.
--
Regards,

  Stéphane Faroult
  Oriole Corporation