Rman - Recovery manager questions

From: Ofir <ofir_gilboa_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 16:03:28 +0300

Hi

i'm using Oracle version 8.0.5.1
and i'm testing the backup utility "recovery manager". i ran into some problems and i wonder if someone know the answer:

  1. when i'm trying to map a network drive and backup to that drive Rman fail and throw me an error message "access is denied" and i have full permissions on that computer.(even if i'm maping to the same computer the problem occur)
  2. i'm making a full backup (backupset) and when i try to restore and recover the DB i can't open it only with Resetlogs (which mean the recovery was not to the last point in time) but when i'm opening it with resetlogs it succed.

another situation is when i'm backing up the DB (again full backup - backupset) and doing some changes in the DB that making the logs to switch,
then i'm trying to restore and recover the DB it say that it couldn't find the archive log number X and it can't open the DB (only after i create the the control file agian)

this problems occured every time

does anybody have an idea what should i do ?

my email is: ofir_gilboa_at_icomverse.com

thanks

Ofir Received on Wed Apr 14 1999 - 08:03:28 CDT