CREATE/DROP ANY VIEW question

From: Stephen Hirsch <Stephen.Hirsch_at_pharma.novartis.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 08:36:41 -0400

Hi,

Using a schema that has CREATE/DROP ANY VIEW privileges, I can CREATE a view in another schema, I can DROP that view, but I cannot CREATE OR REPLACE the view, either creating or replacing the view.

Am I doing something wrong, or is that an Oracle quirk? There's an obvious workaround (DROP, trap the exception, then CREATE), but that lacks beauty.

Thanks for any help,

Steve Received on Wed Apr 14 1999 - 07:36:41 CDT