TRUNCATE TABLE .....

From: <agi_at_mail.taicom.com.tw>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 11:24:42 GMT

Hi,theres,
  Recently, I read a paper about Oracle7 Space Management.   It told me when to truncate a table for resetting the HWM for the table.   The formula is "omega-one = (h - r)/h "     h is # of blocks below the table's HWM,     r is # of blocks in the table that contain at least one row.

  After I analyze all the tables,and evaluate the "omega-one" value of   each table, I find they are all zero.   Does it mean that my table have no block fragmentation,so any exp/imp   for some indival table is unnecessary ??

  Any idea ??
  Are there any method to know that my tables should be re-org to improve   performance ??

Rgds,
Agi Chen