Re: Oracle 8 and 8i - what are the differences?

From: Lars Bo Vanting <Lars.Vanting_at_ex.siemens-sbs.ch>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 10:46:18 +0200

Hi jklap!

Go for 8i, there are so many improvements and new features, simply an outstanding Oracle version!
No matter you want pure RDBMS or INTERNET features.

Lars Bo

jklap_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

> What ARE the differences between Oracle 8 and Oracle 8i? Everything on
> www.oracle.com and technet primarly talk about 8i, but don't give a difference
> matrix.
>
> I've got both Oracle 8.0.x and 8i.1.5 (both yet uninstalled), along with a
> production system running 7.3.4. We are looking at upgrading the 7.3.4 to
> 8something, but what 8something?
>
> Trying to figuring out the differences from marketing information really
> sucks.

Lars Bo Vanting
Siemens Business Services AG
Aemmenmattstrasse 43
CH-3123 Belp, Switzerland

Phone:  +41 31 818 6149
Fax:    +41 31 818 6140
Mobile: +41 79 691 7487

Lars.Vanting_at_ex.siemens-sbs.ch Received on Wed Apr 14 1999 - 03:46:18 CDT